The sermons at St. Hilda St. Patrick are preached by lay and clergy ministers alike. Text, audio, and video availability vary from week to week. Click through below to read, watch, or listen to the latest sermons.
- May 8: The Fourth Sunday of EasterPsalm 23, comfort, hope, and resurrection
- May 1: The Third Sunday of EasterValerie Kelley delivered the sermon for Sunday, May 3. This sermon was written by the Rev. Kathleen Walker, the missioner for Black ministries in the Diocese of North Carolina. This sermon was made available from Sermons that Work. A manuscript is available here.
- April 24: The Second Sunday of EasterSusy Hessel is a lay preacher at St. Hilda St. Patrick and is a mental health counselor. The manuscript on which her sermon was based is below. Peace!!!!. Peace I give to you….. Peace I ask of you…And Jesus said Peace be with you. Bravery, doubting, risk-taking, believing and questioning. We all do these things …
- April 17: Easter SundayWhen Paul is writing to the church at Corinth in today’s epistle lesson, he’s not offering platitudes. Paul’s not talking about everything working out in the end or one door closing and a window opening. Paul is writing to the church at Corinth to remind them of the best news there is, the good news of the gospel: Christ is risen from the dead trampling down death by death and to those in the tombs bestowing life.
- April 15: Good FridayMercy and grace, however are the goodness of the Cross. No matter how good we try to be no matter what kind of behaviors we undertake looking for our own exoneration through our own saving our selves actions there’s no ethical consumption under capitalism. We fall short.