The sermons at St. Hilda St. Patrick are preached by lay and clergy ministers alike. Text, audio, and video availability vary from week to week. Click through below to read, watch, or listen to the latest sermons.
- September 12: The Sixteenth Sunday After PentecostThe Rev. Joseph Peters-Mathews is the vicar of St. Hilda St. Patrick. The sermon for Sunday, September 12 was preached as a response to James 3.1-12 and Mark 8.27-38. The sermon was delivered extemporaneously.
- September 5: The Fifteenth Sunday After PentecostThe sermon for Sunday, September 5, was preached extemporaneously by the Rev. Mark Miller. Fr. Miller was preaching as substitute clergy and preached in response to the appointed texts for Proper 18, Year B.
- August 29: The Fourteenth Sunday After PentecostThe sermon for Sunday, August 29, was preached extemporaneously by the Rev. Mark Miller. Fr. Miller was preaching as substitute clergy and preached in response to the appointed texts for Proper 17, Year B.
- August 22: The Thirteenth Sunday After PentecostIt is the Spirit that gives life; our flesh, our normal orders of being, are useless. The words Jesus has spoken to us, that he is the True Bread of Heaven bread that lasts and will not fail, bread that sustains us and brings everlasting life are both Spirit and life.
- August 15: The Twelfth Sunday After PentecostThe sermon for Sunday, August 15 was preached as a response to John 6:51-58. The Rev. Joseph Peters-Mathews, vicar of the congregation, wrote the sermon. In his absence due to illness, Senior Warden Gavin Smith read the sermon. The sermon was based on the below manuscript. In John today, we have the recast of what …